Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

see my update, it may help - it certainly got the one i have going

HP Recommended

Same issue here !

Is there a way to reinstall an old firmware from usb ?

HP Recommended

I ve installed a new firmware from usb as described above.

It worked....as long as i didn't connect to ethernet.

As soon as it was connected, it froze.

So we can only use it by USB

HP Recommended

Hi Matolck, the unit i got working is connected to ethernet but i did have to turn off wifi (so had to go into the settings once it had reflashed) turn off wifi and then give it a valid IP etc. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Matthew 🙂

After the reinstallation of the firmware, it could not access to wifi anymore. After reading your post i disconnected the wifi, shut off IPV6 (just in case)...put ethernet back on and....printer frozen.

I will try with setting internet parameters "by hand" to see if it improve something 🙂

Otherwise we all have a really nice usb printer 😕

Any hint #hp on a timeline for resolvng this issue ?

HP Recommended
FYI to access the hidden menu, it's house -> arrow -> house -> house

then menu to flash.
HP Recommended

I am trying to do this, I tap on reflash and get a green screen with 12345 on it.  It doesn't seem to be doing anything?  

HP Recommended

We need to go in menu, then select drive reflash.

printer display verifying but how long it takes because it's doing that for a while !

HP Recommended

Nope still freeze as soon as connected even with ethernet parameters "by hand".

I guess i'll have to try the generic HP firmware as mentionned above, but i'm done for today

HP Recommended

i had the same problem at first try, but i did not have a usb key with the firmware in the usb port 🙂

Next time i did not click "ok" on first screen but next a few time until i saw something like "entire flash" or something like that...was 3 or 4 screen after first one i would say.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.