Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Looks like I am having the same isssue.  Looked at a bunch of threads, and it looks like a flaw with the printer.  ( i have done all the troubleshooting I have seen)

So better to deal with HP support or go by an Epson?  (This comes at a great time because we are working on a determining a Xerox or Hp Printing solution at work.  Might make the meetings shorter....)

HP Recommended

I ripped the whole label off of the top of the print cartridge so exposing the vent hole and it now prints properly.

HP Recommended

я пользуюсь принтером HP5525?  все в одном. Принтер просто резко перестал работать черными чернилами. Заменил на новый. тоже самое. Выходит пустая страница. Цветные катриджи работают. 

HP Recommended

Hi @GYIS , and everybody else on this thread or joining this thread.

Please take a look at the following post by Ciara_B; Black not printing on Officejet 4620, Photosmart 6520, Photosmart 5520, Deskjet 3520.

If the issue persists, Please be sure to call us. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I had the same problem, studied whole internet, but nothing really worked. Paper came out of printer like it wasn't touched by it. I even bought and opened several new cartridges with no success.

My solution was to gently blow through the vent of a cartridge and force ink out of nozzle, like to "start" the cartridge.  In my case it needed quite some pressure to do it, it looked as if something was obstructing the vent/nozzle. After this "obstruction" was resolved, everything worked as it should.

Of course, if you are going to try this, you'd better be smarter than me and put something under the nozzle to prevent spilling ink around 😉

Maybe this idea hepls someone else too.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi @FormerHPFan 

I am not ready to give up if you are willing to continue having faith in me!

Please private message me the following information. (Do not post it publicly please)

1. The case number for the call you had with HP
  2. Your full name
  3. Your Country
  4. Your email address
  5. Your telephone number

With this information I will be able to locate the case notes for the call you had. I am confident I can still help if you will let me 🙂

How To Send A Private Message

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Sunshyn2005, the guy didn't give me a case no. He was bungling around a bit, so it's no wonder he forgot to give me a case no. I don't know HP protocol but it looks like he breached it.

He said that he tried to give me a deal but I refused (rather than  using the word "declined," which I did). He didn't offer to give me case no. apparently since I declined to take him up on the offer -- I don't know.

Unfortunately, I had to print some documents for employment purposes so I purchased another printer -- not a HP, of course.

HP Recommended

Hi @FormerHPFan 

Please don't give up, I am doing everything I can on my end to help. Please hang tight I will send you a private message with details.  Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Am having the same problems as everyone else. Have completed the six steps plus trying to clean the nozzle with water drops.

What do you suggest I do?

Best/Thomas

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.