Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Gemini02,

Sorry, but I tried your suggestions and I still got the same outcome.

"Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password and try again."

I would have to agree that having your engineers come up with another firware update would be the most definitive solution.

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

I understand how frustrated everyone is, I am just trying to help.

I had setup the Laserjet M276 printer on the Yosemite Lab using Mac Filtering on a Consumer environment. (router only)

Not using any switches or servers and successfully scanned to the network folder on Yosemite.

With trial and error, I found that the path isn't the full path when you Get Info from the folder created, which I had provided the path on the previous post, which worked. (I had created the folder on the desktop)

Here is a post from @Aernoud , message 4, that you may take a look at for the "invalid password or username" when setting up the Network folder on 10.9. (Maverick) It might be of some help. Setup scan to folder on HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw.

Again, if you are using an Advanced network, I would suggest to post on the Commercial Support Forums for further assistance. I support Consumer products on a Consumer network.

For those of you looking for a firmware update, check the website for any firmware updates.

Drivers & Downloads.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No criticism intended at all, and yes we realize you are attempting to help.

Some things about your post, when you say Yosemite Lab, what does this mean?  Does this mean that the computer you are sharing the folder from is running OS X 10.10?  Is this what you are calling Yosemite?

Also, with regards to Mac filtering?  Is this MAC address filtering or what exactly are you talking about?  Also, why would this be important?  

Bottom line, this is a simple issue and one that I am able to produce on 100% of OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) hosts, in that NONE of them can share a folder which can be reached by an HP Printer.  This is not a case of a complex network / server scenario.  This is a very simple case of enabling SMB file sharing from a Yosemite computer.  The relevant facts are that HP printers in their current iteration simply do not have the required syntax in their connection attempts to make a SMB3 connection.  SMB3 was introduced with Yosemite whereas previous versions of OS X used SMB2, and SMB(1).  These work just fine with the HP printers.  

So, fast forward to October 2014 and Apple releases Yosemite.  Now you have an entire ecosystem of printers that can no longer reach a file share on any computer running Yosemite. This is why a number of us have been pushing for a firmware update from HP.  The current path of "bang head here" and try to map a drive over and over again will not work.  Similiarly, releasing a driver update will not work, since the driver has nothing to do with the network protocol used in reaching the file share.   Gemini02, can you advise and just check on your lab that the machine you ran the test from is indeed OSX 10.10 and if so, what build #?  You appear to have a lab that is not representative of your consumer experience.

Tony

HP Recommended

Gemini02,

There the file itself is not even as need.

HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.37.dmg [

---

I think one, Gemini02 strangely solves our problem?

HP Recommended

Gemini - I do appreciate your help, however, there is another fundemental flaw in your testing strategy.  Many of us here, especially those who started this thread, indicated we are running All in One 8600's, which is an InkJet printer.  You indicated you are testing from a Laserjet printer?  These are two different devices, one a professional level device, running two different firmware versions, in two different environments.  

I have to say, the testing is flawed.

NONE of us are able to reproduce your results becuase none of us are using the same printer you are.  The ONE individual who was able to get his printer working on Yosemite, earlier in this thread, was ALSO using a LaserJet printer!  I appreciate your efforts, however, there is something about the LaserJet series of printers that allows them to "trick" themselves into working effectively with the authentication methods used in SMB3 that cannot be duplicated in the OfficeJet/DeskJet series of consumer/home office products like the 8600 series of printers. 

So to recap: two people have gotten this working, both using LaserJet printers.  Not one person has gotten this working using the 8600's or Inkjet series of printers.   Net net: This problem has not been solved and needs serious attention.  HP claims this printer is compatible with Yosemite and it is clearly NOT compatible.

Thank you and your continued help and patience with this... 

HP Recommended

Hi Guys

has anybody could able to resolve the network folder setup for scanning problem while  using HP Officejet Pro 8600 with Mac Yosemite?

HP Recommended

RaoKothapalli,

No, nobody has made it work with the 8600 yet.

Dan

HP Recommended

This issue and HP's comitement to fixing this issue has gotten out of hand - The suggested fixes by HP only show their lack of commitment to their customers.

We have all tried various steps in order to get the shared functionality to share folders to work and NO one todate have been able to find a way to make it work - The newest driver that HP has is for both Mavericks and Yosemite and that does not work.

When will HP finally realize that the printers firmware needs to be updated... 

HP Recommended

I appreciate their help, but they clearly do not understand that testing one printer and showing it works, doesn't even come close to a solution for every other printer.  The printer they successfully tested is likely a newer printer, with newer firmware.  I'm getting very frustrated.  Yosemite has been out almost a month now.

HP Recommended

I had a phone call today from HP in response to my concerns.  Although I was leery of the effort, I am now convinced that they do in fact have a grasp on the issue and are working to resolve it via a firmware update.

Although they did not commit to a timeframe, I suspect that we it will not be sooner than 30 days.  So yes, not thrilled, but I am at least hopeful that they will get this fixed.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.