Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@karol-b

And I replied - privately.

HP Recommended

Same here, except unfortunately I just ordered a whole bunch of new inks.

HP Recommended

Dear HP Support team,

I din't use any legal threats against HP. I was just talking in a very polity tone about a problem that is happening with many of your custommers - people that trusted what HP was saying and payed for this printer - and you don't care about it.

Do you really think threaten me via private message sort the problem?

HP Recommended
HP,

It would be good to know if you are working on this? People are more understanding if you will communicate.

Thanks
HP Recommended

Please add me to the list of disgruntled users.  I really need to have the capability to "scan to a network folder" and no longer am able to after upgrading to YOSEMITE on my Mac.

Please make this right HP!!!

HP Recommended

@TonyAZ623 - maybe attempting to hold HP to account and trying to get them to provide support in their own support forum is contrary to the rules HP have set up on this useless forum.

The one thing that seems to be guaranteed with this forum is that you will not get any support from HP.

I had a private message earlier and then a phone call where the support agent didn't listen to me and tried to persuade me to install a driver update on my Mac - completely misunderstanding what the issue is.

Since then I've heard nothing.  No indication HP are working on the problem - no acknowledgement that there even is a problem.

Quite extraordinary.

Presumably HP must be used to its customers raising issues on support forums, getting frustrated at getting no support at all and then buying other companies' products.  I will certainly buying a printer from another vendor as there is no support available from HP on the product I've bought from them.

This issue has had plenty of time to be resolved - HP clearly don't care and aren't even going to attempt to solve the problem.  They have turned a group who were initially supportive and keen to work with HP to help them understand the problem so they could fix it, into a group who know their efforts were a waste of time.

HP Recommended

Some good news though I can't explain it.

I bought a HP MFP 476dw today. Running Yosemite 10.10.1 on an iMac 5K. They are both on a wired network.

I was unable to get Scan to Network folder working and came across this thread and got very disappointed.

However, in trying some suggestions mentioned I've somehow got this to work. What I did:

1. Created a new folder in my home directory ~/Scans

2. In Get Info made sure I had read/write access but Staff and Everyone had Read Only

3. Made that a shared folder in the Sharing preference pane (SMB had already been selected)

4. Created the Scan to Network Folder item in the Printer EWS using destination \\[computer_ip]\Scans

5. Entered my short user name and password

6. Voila I can now scan directly from the Printer to my iMac

Not sure why it won't work using the ~/Public folder. The only difference I can see is that ~/Scans does not have the "Shared" tickbox ticked in the Get Info window (despite being listed as a shared folder in the Saring preference pane).

Hope this helps someone.

Scott

HP Recommended
Did not work for the 8630 ehich simply does not support SMB3.
HP Recommended

Scott,
be attentive. we are talking about the problem with OfficeJet 8600

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 8600 and a home network with quite a few iMacs and MacBooks.  From when I first purchased an HP 8500 and subsequently an HP 8600 printer, I have been able to scan to my network folder.  This was partially broken when I upgraded my iMac to Mavericks.  I worked around this (until HP updated the 8600 firmware) by installing SMBup.  After installing Yosemite, I am unable to get Scan to Network folder to work using any of the methods discussed here or elsewhere including forcing Yosemite into using SMB 1 (using SMBconf) or running the most recent version SMBup.  Others have suggested using Scan to Computer, but this option does not allow me to select the different scanning options I use (PDF B&W or Color, scan resolution, etc.).

Eventually, because I have a Macbook running OS X 10.8 set up as an A/V iTunes server, I put a shared folder on it, and use it for scanning.  The shared folder appears on our home iMacs, so this is nearly as convenient for us as before.  If one does not have a spare server Mac running 10.8 or older, this approach is sadly not useful.  But if you do....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.