Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yes, they have the right to not do an update. : )

I in turn have the right to consumer protection and advocacy against underperforming products. I will wait for now.
HP Recommended
@dao1138 like TonyAZ623 I'm waiting for HP as the product I've bought ought to be usable - I don't want to let HP off the hook.
NB re your concerns about SMBUP yes there are issues but I'm finding it useful to have the option to scan to network folder until HP get their act together - installing it doesn't break anything on the Mac - when you reboot Mac sharing kicks in again - so it's very easy to rever to normal Mac behaviour.
HP Recommended

Same problem here and once again no solution from HP.{Content removed by Moderator}

HP Recommended

{Content removed by Moderator}, even though they claim compatibility and didn't specify that only specific features were or were not compatible.  I'm not sure it's worth a lawsuit, it's probably more financially efficient to sell the **bleep** printer, buy another and NEVER buy another HP product again.

I will tell you that if HP leaves me hanging, between this and how terrible their support has become over the last few years, I will never buy another product that has an H and a P in it for as long as I live, and I will literally scrap and do whatever I can do ensure they never get a contract from my company again - so that means, they'll lose on my end personally and professionally.

HP Recommended

What napalee said.

The best scenario is that a {Content removed by Moderator}. two people get free printers (the two that filed) and the rest of us get a coupon for ink.

Hardly worth the trouble {Content removed by Moderator}

I'll check out Canon and Epson AiO printers next time.  HP had MORE than enough time to test their printers against Yosemite and come up with a firmware solution. 

They just don't want to.

Same as the last time this happened with the 8500.

HP Recommended
I am also holding out hope that Apple adds functionality to choose smb versions natively for compatibility issues like this.
HP Recommended

@TonyAZ623 ,@GCABRAL,@DAO1138,

I sent you a private message.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

KarolB - I'm not sure why a private message is necessary and why some of us were left out.  Please advise why there are selective messages to certain users who require this functionality restored and others with no new information?

HP Recommended

Well - I just received MY private message from HP.   I was told that my post(s) don't meet the acceptible use policy because of "rants," "slams" or legal threats against HP.  So I guess I have to tone down my displeasure with HP's lack of support and attention, which is the first and only attention we've gotten from HP in the last 45 days.

My apologies to HP.

L

HP Recommended
The private message was to advise I have somehow broken a forum rule... But honestly I do not know why. In any event, I think I am concluding that nothing is going to be fixed here. I am moving on, literally and figuratively.

Consider me extremely disappointed in the product, and the support experience.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.