Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-in-One Printer

I have this printer and I have been trying to print from my HP laptop, Win 11. The version of laptop ought not matter since it is HP. I have tried wireless and direct connection via Ethernet but nothing prints. I get the message: "Printer is offline" when I know it isn't. It is on, it is sitting right next to me, and my other laptop CAN print to it. I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the software on this laptop, turning everything off and then on in every combination, trying to get help using whatever name the HP Assistant software is, and naturally, trying to contact HP - anyone at HP - directly (impossible). HP now has a very deep moat in place to prevent any of that dreaded 'human interaction' from taking place, and I am sure it is because HP reps don't know how to provide informed help. An HP printer that won't connect, wireless or directly connected, with an HP laptop - both having the most current drivers in place. And customer service? This is a very bad joke. HP used to have great customer service, but the cost must have been reducing their profit by a couple thousandths of a percent. Do anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This discussion by @Dragon-Fur goes into detail on the 7858

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Wireless-Networking-Internet/hp-envy-photo-7858/td-p/8119224

You mentioned that one of your laptops has no problem printing but the other does.   Is the printer connected to the modem or is it WiFI direct to the laptop that works?

Possibly the problem is the other laptop.

Please provide the Product ID or Model name of both laptops.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.