Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP 3830 OfficeJet 3830 prints okay in everyday printing mode in both color and black. If I switch to draft mode both vertical and horizontal lines are squiggly and in some places the text is distorted. I have run Print and Scan Doctor 5.1 and changed the paper and cartridges. Problem still exists. How to fix?

Also, how much ink is in the instant ink cartridges? I know there is 8ml in the regular 63 black cartridge, and 16ml in the 63XL.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@brucemon1

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'll be happy to help!

Lowest DPI typically used when ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not needed. It is usually recommended for texts. 

The Instant Ink cartridges are similar to the reglar ink. When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. Your monthly fee pays for ink, shipping, and recycling. If you do not print all of your plan pages in a month, you can roll over up to two times the number of pages per month in your plan.

HP will send you replacement cartridges before you run out of ink. When your enrolled printer is connected to the Internet, your printer automatically orders ink for you because it knows when you are low on ink.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Typical useless HP employee answer to any question. What BS. I guess the standard HP protocol is to give non-answers so it's 

supposed to look like you're actually doing something. Please put a qualified person who can actually answer the questions on here. You answers, again, are useless, or maybe you're just having a brainless day. Either way, get me someone else. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@brucemon1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.