Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I had a paper jam. Cleared out the paper but the error screen keeps showing "Document Feeder Jam". I turned off the printer and unplugged the cord to reset, but it's still showing the error screen.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Buza89,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to deal with persistent error messages even after you've cleared a jam. Here are a few additional steps you can try to resolve the "Document Feeder Jam" error on your printer:

Double-Check for Remaining Paper Bits: Sometimes tiny bits of paper or even dust can cause the sensor to continue detecting a jam. Use a flashlight to look closely along the paper path and especially near the document feeder area. Ensure that no small pieces of paper or debris are left inside.

Clean the Sensors: Dust or paper residue can sometimes cover sensors, making them falsely detect a jam. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe the sensors. If possible, refer to your printer's manual to locate these sensors accurately.

Inspect the Rollers: Sometimes, if rollers within the document feeder are dirty or worn out, they might cause feeding issues that trigger the jam error. Clean the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth to remove dust and accumulated ink.

Reset the Printer: You mentioned you've already turned off the printer and unplugged it, which is great. Try leaving it unplugged for a longer period, about 10 minutes, to allow all capacitors within the printer to fully discharge. This can help in fully resetting the hardware and clearing error statuses.

Check for Mechanical Issues: Look for any visible misalignment or damage in the document feeder tray or the roller mechanism. If something looks out of place or broken, it might be causing the jam error.

Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. HP often release updates to fix known bugs or improve device performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.