Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I went around and around with some of this advice with Windows 7 (as some of the options weren't available on my system) and found these very helpful links that make this a cinch!  I was just sure it wouldn't work but can't tell you the joy I felt when I clicked "Print" and heard the familiar print noise kicking in!  HP Photosmart 7510 shockingly comes with Stone Age print options--I was horrified!  But this is definitely a save.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!

Follow Jason H's advice.  He demonstrates per the Officejet 6700, but it worked like a charm on my HP 7510 (Windows 7).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/hp-photosmart-7510-set-custom-paper-size/td-p/...

For additional help/clarification:

http://agsci.psu.edu/it/how-to/switch-to-different-printer-driver-in-windows-xp

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions exactly, and now have the hp 9800 driver on my hp officejet pro 8600 plus.  However, I STILL am getting the paper mismatched error message.  I have done everything possible, that I could think of, to work around this problem.  I have entered custom size in the properties of the print page, I have made sure everything is A-OK, and still I can't get it to print my 5.75"H X 8.75"W envelope. 

I used to have an Epson and never had this problem printing custom sizes.  Right now, HP is not on my list of great printers.

Can you please tell me what I should do now?

HP Recommended

Try using the Deskjet 990c or Deskjet 450 driver. One of those should work.

How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

@Shane_R,

I'm hoping you can help... I'm having a problem printing with a bleed. I'm on a Mac and wanted to try installing a different driver but I can because my computer can't find that printer.

Any suggestions? Anyone?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Two words - LIFE SAVER!!! Thank you so much for your hard work in figuring this out. I lost at least three hours yesterday trying to "figure" out how to make my printer format correctly. Just now I downloaded the HP 9800 driver and have already printed 3 sheets of the 6.5x6.5 name tags! No more margin rigging to make it work. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! 

@WS0927 wrote:

Note - correction....it was the HP9800 that was installed...my Hallmark Studio program works great and now I can make A2 size (5.5 x  8.5) cards!!  🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for the directions! Quick, easy, and CORRECT!!!! 

HP Recommended
Good luck with that. I have the same printer and have been trying to do the same thing with it. I manually set the settings to print A2 size for cards, but the printer doesn't play well with others!
HP Recommended

@Ikrakowiak,

I realize your post is over a year old, but I'm hoping this will help for anyone else having the same problem!

I was having that problem, too. I have an HP Photosmart 7520 series. It can print borderless, but aparently it's only willing to do it with certain sizes. I was trying to print onto 8.5"x5.5" (A2 / invitation / statement) with borderless printing and it absolutely would not let me.

Here's how I fixed it: I ended up lying to my printer and telling it to print 8.5"x11" (letter) borderless, and set the image to print at the top of the page (technically it was 0.104" from the top and 0.104" from the left). Then I fed it the 8.5"x5.5" horizontally (as I fed it a stream of lies! Muah ha ha!), and it worked! I was printing through Photoshop, so the settings might be different for different programs, but that's what worked for me! The alignment wasn't perfect so I had to crop a tiny bit of white off the bottom, but it was better than having a white margin around the whole thing.

As a side note: Does anyone know if me telling my printer to print 8.5"x11" and then feeding it 8.5"x5.5" will mess it up somehow? I don't want to screw up my printer, but I also don't want all of this 8.5"x5.5" paper to go to waste! If I would have known my printer couldn't print borderlessly on it, I wouldn't have bought it. 

HP Recommended

Hello mate.
I use http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/ this programm and still have no regrets since i've got it.
hope it will satisfy u, good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.