Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have just bought a HP Instank Ink plan. I am about to use the first black cartridge, but I still have another brand new colour cartridge that I need to use. Will I start being charged in full if I only use one cartridge?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @EMJ-00,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you have some questions about the Instant Ink program. I can help you with that.

When you print, the system determines if an Instant Ink page is printed based on whether there is an Instant Ink cartridge in the printer. If you insert the black cartridge, your color only pages would count. My suggestion is to insert both Instant Ink cartridges and save the color cartridge for emergencies.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @EMJ-00,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you have some questions about the Instant Ink program. I can help you with that.

When you print, the system determines if an Instant Ink page is printed based on whether there is an Instant Ink cartridge in the printer. If you insert the black cartridge, your color only pages would count. My suggestion is to insert both Instant Ink cartridges and save the color cartridge for emergencies.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am trying to re-enroll in the Instant Ink Program. My question is: From the time I edited my billing information to make sure its up to date, how long does it take for the automated system to understand that  I have authorized to be re-enrolled and to send a message to my printer to turn back on the cartridge printing capability (the printer still has HP cartridges from just 15 days ago when I was enrolled.)?

HP Recommended

Hi @SteveP57

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you would like to know when your printer will be 'enrolled' again. 

Normally it happens very quickly. Worse case it can take up to 24 hours. that normally only happens if there is outstanding payments that need to be processed. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I CANCELLED MY INSTANT INK HOW CAN I GET IT BACK?

HP Recommended

Hey @RICH2914, you can log into your HP Connected account and simply re-enroll the printer. 🙂 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03767639   - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

Please let me know if this resolves your inquiry or if you require further assistance. 

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.