Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have two issues with my new HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP eventhough I have the latest installed drivers and firmware:

I printed over 1000 "Professional" and some "Presentation" quality pages on this less than 2 week NEW printer.

1. I would estimate about >100 pages printed with some random dots size of about 1 mm round shape appearing anywhere on the pages--sometimes few of them on the same page.
  2. Cannot print presentations from PowerPoint--I have to create a PDF and then print it.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I believe that this issue had been resolved as a paper quality issue. 

Thank you

TalalPWS

HP employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please create a dummy file and send me both the file and a scan of the printed result.

if you are scanning the printout, there may be some sirt particles on the scanner lens. But the printed docs should be OK as long as the paper is clean (assumed).

Please let me know if you're still having an issue.

Thanks

TalalPWS (HP employee)

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support. 

To answer your questions\comments,

Issue is NOT with scanning and printing.  Issue is with CLEAN Microsoft Office documents, PNG file, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator graphics printed using HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP Printer.  So the files do not have random dots but during the printing process. Out of 1000s I print some will have it.

So per your request, I currently have a graph that is a PNG file which is clean and shows no dots but when I printed it, the paper showed up with a random dot on it. 

And NO the paper does NOT have these dots.  I am using very expensive quality paper for presentation materials.

Please let me know where I can send you these sample files.

Hiren

HP Recommended

Hello,

I believe that this issue had been resolved as a paper quality issue. 

Thank you

TalalPWS

HP employee

HP Recommended

So the culprit was paper; I was using Xerox® Vitality™ Multipurpose Printer Paper; 24 lb., 8 ½” x 11”, 800 Sheet Ream that I purchased from Costco.

Paper: Xerox Vitality 24lbs 800/reem

PowerPoint issue was oversize images...

Thanks to Michael for great customer support!

HP Recommended

probably dots added as machine identification code as encryted bibary numbers to trace document. includes serial, date , time, etc .

can print several black and white  copies of same pages of one short sentence of 48 point text all caps. then examine text for yellow dots around text . some dots will be the same on each page, some varied to accont for page time difference and print number.

this will NOT BE the same dot pattern as used by xerox.

POST RESULTS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.