Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I changed my ink cartridges on a HP7612 wide format printer, and now it seems that one has popped back out when the carriage went all the way to the right and now is stuck. How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @wkwood,

@DocCottle will be out of the office until next week but I thought I woudl respond to save you time waiting for a responce.

Here is the support document intended for use when this printer is not powering on - Printer Does Not Turn On.

If the 'Carriage Jam' document provided by @DocCottle did not help and your printer is still in warranty I would contact HP Tech Support. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If the printer is out of waranty you might be able to get the carriage freed with a little 'MacGyvering', if there is no warranty to worry about voiding.

Whenever you doing anything on the inside the printer you want to unplug the printer for safety, but you want the carriage in the unlocked position so turn the printer on and open the lid to the carriage area before unplugging the printer.

I realize that with the carriage all the way to the right it is not easy to see what you are working with but if you have something flat and long, like a ruler, maybe there is a way to slip it in over the top of the cartridges enough to be able to push the down the cartridge that popped up and pull the carriage out by hand.

Hopefully you are able to get it out.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @wkwood,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with a cartridge that is stuck and jamming the carriage in your Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot carriage jams in your printer.

If after following the above the cartridge is still stuck, the next step would be to contact HP Support directly. You can do so by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom. 

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to free the carriage or reach some resolution with support, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Did not fix the problem. Now the printer will not even power up (dead as a doornail).  To the trash heap.

HP Recommended

Hi @wkwood,

@DocCottle will be out of the office until next week but I thought I woudl respond to save you time waiting for a responce.

Here is the support document intended for use when this printer is not powering on - Printer Does Not Turn On.

If the 'Carriage Jam' document provided by @DocCottle did not help and your printer is still in warranty I would contact HP Tech Support. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If the printer is out of waranty you might be able to get the carriage freed with a little 'MacGyvering', if there is no warranty to worry about voiding.

Whenever you doing anything on the inside the printer you want to unplug the printer for safety, but you want the carriage in the unlocked position so turn the printer on and open the lid to the carriage area before unplugging the printer.

I realize that with the carriage all the way to the right it is not easy to see what you are working with but if you have something flat and long, like a ruler, maybe there is a way to slip it in over the top of the cartridges enough to be able to push the down the cartridge that popped up and pull the carriage out by hand.

Hopefully you are able to get it out.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

i cant get my hp x476dw all in one printer cartridge down. I have unplugged.  shut down and screens keeps blinking on and off

to turn off printer on.  But still keeps looping the same message. I even unpluged all weekend  

Does anyone have a solution for this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.