Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Ink 940
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My "HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - A909g" seems to have recurring issues with the touch panel becoming unresponsive and I think it's time to consider an upgrade to a newer model.  However, I purchased ink (940xl in black and multiple colors) in anticipation of a much longer life for this product.  Is there an ink exchange program if I upgrade to a newer model printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

I understand that you would like to know if we have any Ink exchange programs.

Once you have purchased the new printer, check the new printer and check which cartridges the new printer is using. Then, please write an email to isbescalationteam @User0001.com with the cartridge information, contact number and your email address. So, that we can get in touch with you and do the needful.

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.

Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You could call HP Phone Support to see what they can do. Failing that another option is to sell them on eBay.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

I work on HP's behalf.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

I understand that you would like to know if we have any Ink exchange programs.

Once you have purchased the new printer, check the new printer and check which cartridges the new printer is using. Then, please write an email to isbescalationteam @User0001.com with the cartridge information, contact number and your email address. So, that we can get in touch with you and do the needful.

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.

Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

do you know which printers like the HP Officejet Pro 6820 HP does this replacement of ink cartirdges for a fixed fee for as long as one subscribes?

I can not find the name of this new service.

I want to buy a new HP printer but need to know that the new printer works with this service as my current injet pro 6800 does not work with this HP service

HP Recommended

@tshirt99 wrote:

do you know which printers like the HP Officejet Pro 6820 HP does this replacement of ink cartirdges for a fixed fee for as long as one subscribes?

I can not find the name of this new service.

I want to buy a new HP printer but need to know that the new printer works with this service as my current injet pro 6800 does not work with this HP service

The plan you are referring to is Instant Ink, see here for details and a list of printers.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.