Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I just purchased this 7520, and installed the software; then when I tried to print a photo for the first time, I kept getting the error message that the photo tray is blocked (won't travel all the way in to pick up the blank photo paper) even though no blockage is found. The call center could not solve the problem, and they are shipping me a replacement printer; but I suspect this may be a common problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I searched the posts, and someone else had the same problem.  The solution is that the tab on the paper size slide was out of the slide area.  I fixed it, and the printer now prints photos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I searched the posts, and someone else had the same problem.  The solution is that the tab on the paper size slide was out of the slide area.  I fixed it, and the printer now prints photos.

HP Recommended

I also couldn't get the problem resolved through the techs. But it was the tab on the paper size slide that was out of place. Popped it in place and works like a charm

Thank you for the reply.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Somestimes the fix is simple, but not obvious.

HP Recommended

I just fixed my printer. it had the same problem. Thanks for sharing.

Roy

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for the the tip to pop the little tab into place.

Works perfectly again! 

Wistex

HP Recommended

Just pulled my hair out and was getting ready to replace the printer when I googled problem and read your post.

Thank you. 

The dam paper guide popped up out its channel and was getting caught up.

J.S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.