Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Very similar issues are going on with my HP printer, too. I have a 1 & 1/2 year old Hewlitt-Packard HP DeskJet 3700 Series All-in-One Printer with Wi-Fi product #J9V91A. 

I  use it like I make actual calls on my iPhone; rarely--but when I need to actually speak to somebody on my phone, I need to make and complete the call efficiently and effectively with a minimum of fuss. This thing has rarely performed since its purchased. The originally included complimentary ink that came in the box was, so far, the ONLY ink (color and black) that has EVER performed adequately. All other ink, all always HP ink and new from big box retailers made especially for this model, has either on one occasion not been able to be read and thus not utilized by the printer, or when accepted as genuine, only will print streaky prints. The quality now is such that simple black-and-white text in block paragraph from leaves every other line blank. The printer is essentially useless. Like the person who wrote before also said, I don't want to spend more money on ink only to have this potentially happen again, give this performance, and given past experience with this printer if I could just plop down the cash and buy a better, more reliable model that's not from this company. 

The software works well and helps to connect wirelessly and has been dependable and offers several trouble-shooting software apps, but even when utilized, none have resolved the issue. Any help from this massive mega-corp would help. Otherwise, I'm throwing this thing in the trash and buying something else. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MacOS_Will82

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.