Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PhotosmartPremium C410b
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

The Printer has worked fine in the past but is now  showing as disconnected in HP Solution Centre

I have a home wireless network

If I connect it by USB it shows in HP Solution Centre as connected so I am using it on USB at the moment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you to delete all of the Photosmart printers listed in devices and printers and follow the uninstallation procedure mentioned in my earlier reply. 

Once you have removed all the traces of the printer, install the latest version of the printer software from our website. Make sure to restart the computer before you start the installation.

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Lancastrian,

Thanks for the post. 

I see you are unable to use HP Solution Center when the printer is setup wireless. However, it responds fine with USB. I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you to uninstall the printer from Programs and features (Control Panel)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Restart the PC.

Update the firmware on the printer using the control panel on the printer. (Will require the printer to be connected to your wireless network.)

Please reconfigure the wireless network on the printer. Refer to page 7 in the printer manual.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

Restart the PC again. 

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer. Click here.

Other suggested articles. 

HP Printers - HP Solution Center Software Frequently Asked Questions

HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup

HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

HP Printers - Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password

Let me know if this helped. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello - Thank you for your help

My knowledge of printers is limited

I don't know wheter the following information  helps 

In the past I have had to create more than 1 version of the Photosmart to get connection

I have a version (4) which is set as default from which I can print wierlesslyas it says ready  but that is not the version which appears in the HP Solution Centre 

The version in the HP Solution Centre is another version (3) and in HP Solution Centre it says (3) disnoonected 

When I connect with the USB version (3) it is connected in HP Solution Centre 

When I Take off the USB there is no connection to the HP solution Centre 

Strangely when I go into Devices and Printers Version (4) is listed there but not version (3) 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you to delete all of the Photosmart printers listed in devices and printers and follow the uninstallation procedure mentioned in my earlier reply. 

Once you have removed all the traces of the printer, install the latest version of the printer software from our website. Make sure to restart the computer before you start the installation.

Keep me posted. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank

Uninstalled and reinstalled from website 

Problem Solved

HP Recommended

@Lancastrian

Thank you for the reply.

Happy to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.