Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photo Smart e6520 All-in-One
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

My printer does not connect to the internet anymore.

It says "Server Connection Error: -1

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Could the problem be that I changed recently my router password?

How could I correct this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ubilina,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer wherein it does not connect to the internet.

This issue could occur if the wireless direct is enabled on the printer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you disable the wi-fi direct on the unit and check by following the steps listed below:

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Wireless button.

2. Open the following menus:

Wireless Menu

Wireless Direct

On/Off

3. Touch the Off menu item. The product saves the setting and then returns the control panel to the Wireless Direct menu.

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you follow the steps to setup the wireless network by following the link: Wireless Printer Setup

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ubilina,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer wherein it does not connect to the internet.

This issue could occur if the wireless direct is enabled on the printer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you disable the wi-fi direct on the unit and check by following the steps listed below:

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Wireless button.

2. Open the following menus:

Wireless Menu

Wireless Direct

On/Off

3. Touch the Off menu item. The product saves the setting and then returns the control panel to the Wireless Direct menu.

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you follow the steps to setup the wireless network by following the link: Wireless Printer Setup

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your response. In the meantime I had already found the solution on the support forum. I believe I followed the same steps that you recommend in your email.  My printer is working perfect now. HP has great customer Service. Thanks again.

Margarete Moore

HP Recommended

Hi @ubilina,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience in going through the troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.