Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Product name- Officejet 7612.  Operating System- OS X- Yosemite (10.10.1) for my desktop and OS X (10.6.8) for my laptop.  Problem- When printing from either Mac machine to the Officejet 7612 on 11x17 paper, it will consistently create a mountain/valley fold all the way across the top of the paper about 3" from the top.  The folds will be straight across.  If this was origami, it would be the perfect machine.

When I am printing from the panel of the printer (e.g. a print quality printout, or a something from www.hpeprint.com such as a news or some other printout, it will print it neatly with no folds whatsoever.  

It seems as if that when instructions come from the computer to the printer to print, it gets in a hurry to get the paper thus creating the folds, but when it comes from the machine itself, it picks up the paper smoothly.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bodija ,

I see that you are experiencing issues when printing the 11 x17 size paper from  Yosemite, but you can print the hardware test page and from ePrint fine. I will certainly do my best to help you.

When printing from the computer, can you print fine on the letter size paper or are you just having the issue with the 11 x 17 paper?

Here is a document to clean the paper rollers to see if that will help.

A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series.

Go to Solution five: Clean the paper rollers.

Are you using the Full Feature Software Drivers?

HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Officejet 7612)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

check driver name.jpg

check driver name 2.jpgcheck driver name 2.jpg

If you are still having issues with it being software related, please try the following steps.

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer..

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

Try printing again.

How was the printer name listed in Printers and Scanners?

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a wonderful day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Bodija ,

I see that you are experiencing issues when printing the 11 x17 size paper from  Yosemite, but you can print the hardware test page and from ePrint fine. I will certainly do my best to help you.

When printing from the computer, can you print fine on the letter size paper or are you just having the issue with the 11 x 17 paper?

Here is a document to clean the paper rollers to see if that will help.

A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series.

Go to Solution five: Clean the paper rollers.

Are you using the Full Feature Software Drivers?

HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Officejet 7612)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

check driver name.jpg

check driver name 2.jpgcheck driver name 2.jpg

If you are still having issues with it being software related, please try the following steps.

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer..

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

Try printing again.

How was the printer name listed in Printers and Scanners?

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a wonderful day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Gemini02,

Thank you for your helpful detailed answer.  It is much appreciated.

To answer your questions:

I.  I can print from letter sized paper just fine.  I have tried fast draft, normal, and two sided printing all in letter size and it works fine.  No creases at all.  So it seems that it is the 11x17 paper.  Although I have never used 13x19 yet.

2.  I cleaned the paper rollers.  I find that they don't roll up or down.  They barely move for me.  Also, the printer is new.  I just bought last month. Nov. 2014.  After cleaning, the paper creased again.  No change.

3.  I reinstalled the software using your link in case the software I installed was not exactly the same.   After reinstalling the software, I again printed a 11x17 sheet, and it creased again.   I have tried fast draft and normal print to see if there was a difference.  They both crease the paper.

4. I checked the printer's name in the print dialog box under Printers and Scanners.  My printer is listed as a Officejet 7610 series and not as a Officejet 7612.  Any reason for that?  

5. I deleted and then re-added the printer and fax.  The only one the box would let me list is a Officejet 7610 series printer.  No Officejet 7612 is in the list to re-add.

I will try repairing permissions and so on later today.  Thanks for the advice and suggestions though.  I am appreciative.

HP Recommended

Gemini02,

I followed all the instructions with the exception of resetting the printers.  After verifying the disk, and then repairing the disk permisssions (whatever those things mean!), I restarted the computer according to your instructions.

Then I printed from a file that had come out with a creased paper.  This time the paper printed properly.   The next print was creased again.   I printed another 8 sheets from one file or another as well as from hpeprint.com.  Each has printed properly.

Many thanks for your help!  If the problem comes back, I will go and reset the printer in Mac preferences since I hadn't tried that one yet.

HP Recommended

I had this issue on a newish OfficeJet 7612 Large format using A4 paper. Mac OSX 10.11.12

The crease does not show when doing a diagnostic print from the printer utility - wierd.

Fixed by simply deleting and re-adding the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi Ive just re-placed an office jet 7612 with another one - first one wore out.  I'm getting multiple creases around 3" apart when printing to A3 from the computer - Mac OS 10.14.4

HP Recommended

Also the printer name appears as 7610 series 2 not 7612 as you suggest it should

HP Recommended

Also the print speed seems much slower than it was with the previous 7612

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.