Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
photosmart D 110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing multiple copies it takes a long time between copies.  I'm spooling and printing right away.

Would like to have copies print one after the other

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

reinstalled with latest software and it is woking fine  Thanl you so much    Bill

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Bill-Rob,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're trying to print multiple copies and the print job is slow. I would be happy to look into this with you today.

First, we need to determine if this is a hardware or software issue.

• Please try copying 20 blank sheets of paper. Does the printer pause between copies?

If the printer paused during the copy, there could be an obstruction causing the problem. 
Follow the steps within this guide: 

If the issue persists, I recommend that we perform a Semi-Full Reset to see if that resolves the issue. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the copy went smoothly, there is likely a connectivity or driver problem.

How is the printer connected (USB or wireless)?

• Try the USB connection. What were the results?

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

To confirm that you're using the correct print driver, please download and run the Printer and Scan Doctor. It will likely diagnose and resolve the issue you are experiencing.
What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

reinstalled with latest software and it is woking fine  Thanl you so much    Bill

HP Recommended

@Bill-Rob

Glad to hear it's resolved!

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.