Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

You could try running a disk permissions on the mac.

http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=3810#permission

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have followed the steps outlined here and still get the same message. I also have an HP Laserjet 1300 and have no problems printing to it. Why the Color Laserjet 3600n?

I am on an iMac running Mac OS X 10.7.5. I've gone to Software Update and downloaded the latest HP update too and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Thanks a whole lot, this saved me a whole ton of grief.
HP Recommended

I seem to have solved my problem using some combination of the advice in this string. I went into the printer menu and reset the printer to factory settings - I think this was key. I then "reset printing system" under "Settings" which removed all my printers. I restarted my Mac, re-added the Color Laserjet 3600n under "Settings", and then updated the software using "Software Update."

After all this, my printer started working properly and hasn't had any more issues.

HP Recommended

still have the problem. I have mac osx 10.7.4

i have done all, restet the printer laserjet 5200, new installation from all the software, pram reset,  restart the computer, still the same problem =((

pleas you have an idea - thanks

HP Recommended

i have done all - still the problem =(( mac 10.7.4

HP Recommended

HI. I was plagued by this for a year. I read through this entire thread. While there were many suggestions, I finally repaired the permissions on my computer. It works like a charm now! Very easy to do. Just google how to repair permissions on a Mac. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I followed the advice, repaired permission twice, spent 45 minutes--DIDN'T WORK! May have been a problem with Apple's IOS updates. I have latest ios update. I don't know what to do. If you know, please email me at wrsalcedo@gmail.com. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I followed the advice, repaired permission twice, spent 45 minutes--DIDN'T WORK! May have been a problem with Apple's IOS updates. I have latest ios update. I don't know what to do. If you know, please email me at wrsalcedo@gmail.com. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

This message appears on my mac ( its os x ei capitan ) . But it never processes . this error always keeps coming . and im unable to take printouts . 

please  solve this problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.