Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm frustrated that I can't fix a so called paper jam .. HP says clean the pick up roller and all the others .. done all that, changed the paper too. 

There is no paper jam and sometimes it does work for a few goes after that 'Pick Motor Fail!!  Then constant paper jam.   Uggh!!  The paper path is clean and clear :HalfEyes:

I've tried hard resets and loading the latest firmware (up to date) .. no good though.

I have seen a fix 'in private' messages .. it worked fine up to 2 days ago!!

Help anyone???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @StEdsNut,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing 'Pick Motor Stall' issues when printing from your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this paper feed issue. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed prior to reaching out for support.

To start, can I please have you click here to access the suggested troubleshooting steps. I realize that you have tried most of these steps. Please just review the Solutions offered to ensure that no steps were missed when you completed your troubleshooting. If you had missed a step, please complete that step before proceeding.

Should the issue persist, please check your Private Messages. I am sending you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Programming Reset.

Please post the result of your troubleshooting in this thread. I look forward to hearing from you. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @StEdsNut,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing 'Pick Motor Stall' issues when printing from your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this paper feed issue. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed prior to reaching out for support.

To start, can I please have you click here to access the suggested troubleshooting steps. I realize that you have tried most of these steps. Please just review the Solutions offered to ensure that no steps were missed when you completed your troubleshooting. If you had missed a step, please complete that step before proceeding.

Should the issue persist, please check your Private Messages. I am sending you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Programming Reset.

Please post the result of your troubleshooting in this thread. I look forward to hearing from you. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi. I have followed all the steps in the advice to remove paper jams on my HP Officejet pro 8500A plus but there is no paper. There is still the paperjam message and so I cannot use my printer.

What is the 'private message' that everyone keeps getting sent? Please could I have a copy?

Please help! Thanks

HP Recommended

Don't understand where hidden support menu is. Are we talking about the actual printer? Pressing next to the screen?

HP Recommended

To X-23

Please send me te "Private Message" you refer to about False Paper Jam in HP Printer 6500 All In One

HP Recommended

Hi @FLBeloved1,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems with paper jam error messages. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Seeing as you do not have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus the Semi-Full Reset the reset may not resolve the issue, however, I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

NOTE: This will set the printer back to factory default settings. The network would have to be configured again.

I will assume that you have the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. If you do not, the reset may be different. 

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Otherwise, please follow the usual troubleshooting document: 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues and the screen showing paper jam on the back side of the printer stays on and cant get off to home screen.  Can you please esnd me the Semi-full programming set?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I followed the semi-full reset instructions. I was able to select the semi-full reset but the paper jam error screen continues to come up preventing the setup initializtion from finishing. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

@EJR2

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.