12-18-2011 08:13 PM
I have the exact same problem! Just installed the printer, followed all the directions and the EWS says to check with the network admin or the person that setup the printer, because webscan is disabled. I never disabled anything, can't find any setting to enable.
12-19-2011 05:13 PM
Using your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) page:
select the 'settings' tab at the top
select 'Administrator settings' on the left hand side within the 'Security' section
You should now have access to enable and disable functions; which includes web scan.
12-19-2011 09:22 PM - edited 12-26-2011 09:29 PM
Use your PC. Type your printer's IP Address into your browser (replace X's with the real address)
https://X.X.X.X/index.html#hId-pgAdminSettings (should take you straight to the desired menu location).
Don't know the IP Address:
Via Windows 7, select the following:
Start --> Devices and Printers --> Double Click the HP 8600 Priner Icon --> ePrint Setup
Once you see the ePrint menu, continue as my previous post mentions
Settings --> Administrator settings
I hope this helps.
07-19-2012 06:45 AM
I got to the page to enable web scan, but it asks for user name and password. I don't remember ever settnig up user name and password for this printer. How do I reset them, or get those credentials emailed to me? There is no option for 'forgot user name' or 'forgot password'.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers