Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi TennisFan-,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Regarding your ADF feeder, please try the steps in this guide, An ADF Paper Jam Error Displays. Otherwise, if the steps I posted previously did not resolve your issue with the envelopes. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best regards! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Recently upgraded to OS X El Capitan and I can now print envelopes with no problems. I'm guessing that there was an interface problem between printer drivers and the previous OS...

HP Recommended

I found a solution from much trial and error. In the print screen try draft quality and check black and white. that worked for me. Frustrating why this is happening and no one at tech support could help me. This worked! Hope it works for all of you too!

HP Recommended

Theres nothing on the site Ive been directed to that speaks to the black envelope printing!!!  Why cant you just speak to the question/issue instead of making me read pages of unrelated crap!!!  **bleep**.

HP Recommended

Ill give that a try because no one at HP seems to be able to speak directly to the problem.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.