Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 16 inch Laptop PC 16-h1000 (754F7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am experiencing high pitched static on the left headphone channel. The static is most noticeable when playing very low volume audio. The audio chip appears to 'turn off output" when no audio is playing. From my research and troubleshooting, I believe this is driver version specific (with newer drivers).

Troubleshooting

All driver updates, I made sure to reboot after updating.

Actions based on the threads I was able to find on this topic across many HP models:

• No static present on left headphone in the "F2" UEFI diagnostics
  • Static present after updated driver package using manual download and automatic driver upgrades (specifically sp148373.exe containing 6.0.9501.1)
  • Static present on left headphone after updated driver for "Realtek(R) Audio" in "Sound, video and game controllers" via Device Manager
    using latest published Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9527.1 driver in "Microsoft Catalog"
  • No static present on left headphone if downgrade to driver for "Realtek(R) Audio" in "Sound, video and game controllers" via Device Manager to version 6.0.1.8412 from https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88075.exe (selected first "Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)" from driver list via "Browse my computer" > "Let me pick" > "Have disk" > "Win64 directory in extracted sp88075"
  • Static present on left headphone if I switching back to "latest" driver version
  • I found 6.0.9452.1 for a different machine, but it didn't work
  • Adjusting "Enable audio enhancements" and "Hardware Acceleration" in "Headphone Properties" had no effect

Version 6.0.1.8412

No static present on left headphone channel

"RPC" or "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support this machine." message in "Bang and Olufsen settings app"

No audio output from speakers

Version 6.0.9527.1 and 6.0.9501.1

Static present on left headphone channel

"Bang and Olufsen settings app" functions

Audio output from speakers as expected

Environment

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2023
OS build 22621.2134
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

References

Unsolved no responses

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.