Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

UK HP support recently contacted me. They had decided to close the case that I started regarding this problem as they had proven that the software works!

They had successfully managed to setup the printer via USB connection on a HP laptop that had Windows 10 Home edition installed.

I asked if they had checked it on Windows 10 Pro or via a wireless connection. There answer was negative as they did not have the necessary facility to carry out such a test.

I wasn't impressed with their level of testing so I carried out some further tests myself. I found that the software successfully manages to install the drivers for a 3310 via a USB connection on a HP Pro Book (Windows 10 Pro). On an older Compaq Presario it seemed to fail to find the printer and as I completed the process of installing the driver without setting up a printer, I pulled out the USB cable and it suddenly came up with a message that the printer had been removed. After putting the cable back it successfully setup the printer. On a Sony and Samsung laptop it totally failed to install.

It seems that the software is able to setup a 3310 printer on some HP laptops via USB but I have failed to setup the printer with a wireless connection on any laptop or desktop. Definitely there is a problem with the software.

HP Recommended

absolutely yes, there is a problem with a setup software!!!

read previous post...

i have a 3310 connected by wireless.  on windows 10 it's ok with AIO.....-4.exe  and printer is not recognized with setup AIO.....-5.exe (latest)

I think there is a big problem with software!!!!

bye

HP Recommended

Hi ViktorSeven, and Marco_TS,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks Marco TS.  I had same problem and wasted several hours.  Then I took your advice, found old driver (vers 4) on internet, downloaded it and installed without problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, but it's a workaround only...  I wanna know why HP developers released a AIO....-5.exe faked !!!!

I wish in a good driver .....-6.exe version for Windows 10 with full support to Photosmart 3310 AIO ( the 4 version is for Windows 8.1 )

🙂

bye

HP Recommended

RnRMusicMan,

Thanks for the offer of support from HP. I have to contact them this coming week. I have already sent them some information about the issue.

In the interim I have done as Marco_TS has suggested and installed the drivers that were released for Windows 8.1. These do work for the printer, but not for the scanner.

All this is a shame. I have had this device since 2006 and it has proved a great piece of kit. Over the years HP have always had software problems with new operating systems. The hardware has continued working fine.

HP: Great design, great hardware; crap software.

Lennie

HP Recommended

@ Lennie

AIO.....-4-exe setup application works fine with printer and scanner too...  on my pc.

HP  GREAT HARDWARE....  POOR SOFTWARE...  yes!!

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

Spent some time on the phone to HP last Friday. Outcome was,

1. The technician was able to configure my Windows 10 to work with the Photosmart 3310 with the new driver package, but I lost track of the ath he followed.

2. He was  unable to get the scanner functions to work with that driver, though he confirmed that the scanner was working by scanning using the "Paint" application.

3. He was able to sign on to the printer using a browser, and conformed that it appeared to be functioning correctly (which I knew anyway as I have Windows 7 PCs working with it).

3. He confirmed that HP are working on fixing the drivers, and they would expect them to be available within the next 3 weeks (from last Friday).

On this basis I will not convert any more of my machines to use Windows 10, until I have the new support.

I look forward to the new driver support.

2.5 cheers for HP.

Lennie

HP Recommended

hi Lennie,

"1. The technician was able to configure my Windows 10 to work with the Photosmart 3310 with the new driver package, but I lost track of the ath he followed."  :   easy !!!!  Windows 10 has embedded photosmart 3300 series print driver !!!  (but not scanner support)

"2. He was  unable to get the scanner functions to work with that driver, though he confirmed that the scanner was working by scanning using the "Paint" application."  :  latest driver setup app is FAKED

"3. He was able to sign on to the printer using a browser, and conformed that it appeared to be functioning correctly (which I knew anyway as I have Windows 7 PCs working with it)."  :  EWS (Embedded Web Server) always is ok, it doesn't depend by driver o operative system....  so nothing special !!!

"3. He confirmed that HP are working on fixing the drivers, and they would expect them to be available within the next 3 weeks (from last Friday)." :     ......... LOL !!!!!!   🙂

That's incredible....  I hope in a new driver, but I'm very doubtful..

bye

HP Recommended

I attemped to use the 10-25-2015 install wizard that was posted on the HP site.  After about an hour of software installation process my 3310 could not be found by the software.  Interestingly, the Windows settings/"devices and printers" did recognize that my printer existed (i.e., the control panel).  I right clicked on the 3310 printer and changed the default settings to the 3310.  I then right clicked on the 3310 printer again and clicked "open" and a type of modified HP solution center opened.  From there I could print and scan.  I righted clicked on the scan feature and generated a short cut to my desktop.  I now can print normally and use my new desktop scan shortcut to scan without an issue.  It's not as nice as the old "HP solution center" (which does not "see" my printer anymore) but my new methodology (set 3310 as default, and use my new desktop shortcut to scan) allows me to print and scan as before.  Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.