Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP4650
iOS

Rant.

**bleep** nuisance running out of ink just when you need it,  okay it gives you a warning but this last time it was not much, almost none. But hey, now I've got the instant Ink supply program, so no worries.

Also the cost was a nuisance, but hey, the claim of instant Ink is that it is more economical.

Yesterday my wife did a big printing job, about 50 pages. Started getting blank pages. I changed the black and white cartridge with new instant ink one.Printed somehow okay except on some pages lines were missing, so paragraphs made no sense. Hey ho, changed the colour cartridge too. (Weird and suspicious how they always seem to run out at the same time). 

After which it prints nothing and the printer informs me "The indicated cartridges are not intended for use with this printer".That is, the ones that HP Instant ink program supplied to me!

I took a look at them and they are HP Instant Ink 65/304 also have numbers 53A and N9K 10A (b&w), and 65/304 52X N9K 10A.

Whereas I have always used for this printer 302 cartridges, and always HP originals.Only time tried otherwise turned out to be false economy. Same true for another HP printer I have.

By the time I've gone through all this and looked up about what to do, it's past 6 pm on Friday evening, and Offices closed for phone calls and no chat line. Tomorrow is the first Day of general holidays. Best I would think it will be days before I get cartridges re-sent. Will have to buy in shops if find any open.

So a service I signed up to to save myself time, hassle, and expense has done the opposite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you . In meantime I have solved this - proud of self.

Yesterday I did among among other things try virtual assistant but got nowhere.

Today trying to look up the phone number for Assistance I again came across the virtual assistant which this time I've got some help from.

It turned out that the answer was what is just about the only ever solution for problems with this printer that I remember, but I had forgotten it, which is to unplug the printer, leave it for a minute and then replug. Then it took me through the usual 'align' procedure and seems to print normally with these different cartridges.

However I've lost good parts of two days to get this far Plus there are jobs that have been held up for two or three days, and as HP seems to know everything about what I'm doing on the printer I thought it was a poor show that in giving me the instant ink program enrolment, sending me theCartridges, or when I started using them there was nothing to warn or help me avoid this problem.

Of course it may be said any fool would have known what to do. But I didn't, my wife didn't, and Aunt Ethel wouldn't, and my brother-in-law wouldn't, but he would've been convinced he did and probably wasted another two days not doing it.

It still prints the text I started with with the same missing lines that I mentioned at the start. I guess this is a problem with the document not the printer. My guess is it could be supposed to be printed in landscape not portrait but my wife says she hasn't got that and is at the moment too emotional for further attempts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@evennewerbie

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you . In meantime I have solved this - proud of self.

Yesterday I did among among other things try virtual assistant but got nowhere.

Today trying to look up the phone number for Assistance I again came across the virtual assistant which this time I've got some help from.

It turned out that the answer was what is just about the only ever solution for problems with this printer that I remember, but I had forgotten it, which is to unplug the printer, leave it for a minute and then replug. Then it took me through the usual 'align' procedure and seems to print normally with these different cartridges.

However I've lost good parts of two days to get this far Plus there are jobs that have been held up for two or three days, and as HP seems to know everything about what I'm doing on the printer I thought it was a poor show that in giving me the instant ink program enrolment, sending me theCartridges, or when I started using them there was nothing to warn or help me avoid this problem.

Of course it may be said any fool would have known what to do. But I didn't, my wife didn't, and Aunt Ethel wouldn't, and my brother-in-law wouldn't, but he would've been convinced he did and probably wasted another two days not doing it.

It still prints the text I started with with the same missing lines that I mentioned at the start. I guess this is a problem with the document not the printer. My guess is it could be supposed to be printed in landscape not portrait but my wife says she hasn't got that and is at the moment too emotional for further attempts.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I replied to you but can't see my reply.

HP Recommended

I understand and I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day and stay safe!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.