Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Officejet Pro 6830 stopped printing in color.  All of the catridges are new HP cartridges.  I took all of the color ones out and reinstalled them but still only prints black.  I did a printhead clean and alignment but still only prints black.  I went on line and downloaded all the software for this printer and still prints only black.  Any ideas how to fix this?

I still have 3 months on my warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called HP Printer Support nd all I needed to do was go through all 3 levels of printhead cleaning.  Now my HP Officejet Pro 6830 prints in all the colors.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how your HP Officejet Pro 6830 will not print in color. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Color or Black Ink is Not Printing. If this guide does not resolve the issue, the printer will need to be serviced or replaced. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I called HP Printer Support nd all I needed to do was go through all 3 levels of printhead cleaning.  Now my HP Officejet Pro 6830 prints in all the colors.

HP Recommended

Hiow do I clean my printer heads on OfficeJet Pro L7780, the black prints, but not the colors?

JT

@BirdmanOKC wrote:

How do you clean them?

HP Recommended

Turn printer on -then on the touch screen panel scroll to the left until you see "Setup" - touch setup and scroll down to "Printer Maintenance" - touch printer maintenance - then select "Clean Printhead".  There are 3 levels that the printer needs to go through - after level 1 completes the printer will print a page for you to look at and the touch screen will have a place on it for you to select level 2 cleaning.  Do this until you have cleaned the printhead at all 3 levels of cleaning.

HP Recommended

done the 3 stage cleaning, but didn't help my situation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.