Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an inkjet laser printer with a half full cartridge. The printer stopped working, said there was a problem with my account. The problem is that they want me to set up an instant cartridge account. I don't want to do that. How can I get them to release me and my printer from this demand!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Poldoll ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing several issues with your HP LaserJet printer. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and resolve these problems:

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's connected via Wi-Fi, check the Wi-Fi settings on the printer to ensure it's connected to the correct network.
  • Power Cycle the Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again. This can often resolve connectivity issues and clear error messages.
  • Verify Internet Connection: Make sure your printer is connected to the internet. If it's a wireless connection, check your Wi-Fi router and ensure it's working properly.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve various issues. You can check for firmware updates through the printer's control panel menu or by visiting the HP support website.
  • Reset Printer Settings: You can try resetting the printer to its factory default settings. This can often clear any erroneous settings that might be causing issues. Refer to your printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Refer to this document: HP LaserJet M109e-M112e Printer series

HP printer is offline or unavailable
HP LaserJet M109-M112 printers - Blinking lights

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model?  What exactly are any error messages on the printer or computer screen

What are the numbers on the cartridge(s) installed in the printer?  Are there any Instant Ink cartridges installed?  If there are *any* Instant Ink cartridges installed in the printer it will need an active Instant Ink account to allow printing.  You would need to replace any Instant Ink cartridges with retail cartridges.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi there. Thanks for replying. Now it says that there has been 'User Intervention', it also says the printer isn't connected to the internet. It often does go offline and takes a while to get back on line, but there's never a flashing red exclamation mark, now there is a continually flashing red exclamation mark. 

It's a HP LaserJet M109e-M112e series. Now the HP app won't seem to open. My home page tells me there is an issue with my account. There is no issue, I own the printer and I have NOT nor ever would sign up for an Instant Ink account. I already heard too many tales about that. The ink cartridge was bought retail and the last one didn't stop printing even when it got so low I had to remove it and shake it around.

But on my account it says I haven't completed my Instant Ink set up, dated April 2023. But I never started that.

The last document I tried to print isn't even in the print queue. So I dunno. Best Wishes

HP Recommended

I do not have experience with the HP Laserjet models, I have asked for an HP Support agent to step into the discussion here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Oh well, thanks for trying to help at any rate. I will have to ring them after the Easter break.

Best Wishes

HP Recommended

Hi @Poldoll ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing several issues with your HP LaserJet printer. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and resolve these problems:

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's connected via Wi-Fi, check the Wi-Fi settings on the printer to ensure it's connected to the correct network.
  • Power Cycle the Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again. This can often resolve connectivity issues and clear error messages.
  • Verify Internet Connection: Make sure your printer is connected to the internet. If it's a wireless connection, check your Wi-Fi router and ensure it's working properly.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve various issues. You can check for firmware updates through the printer's control panel menu or by visiting the HP support website.
  • Reset Printer Settings: You can try resetting the printer to its factory default settings. This can often clear any erroneous settings that might be causing issues. Refer to your printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Refer to this document: HP LaserJet M109e-M112e Printer series

HP printer is offline or unavailable
HP LaserJet M109-M112 printers - Blinking lights

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.