Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Kiwipint

You are a genius!

It worked 1st time for me. Been without my printer for 3 weeks and was just on here looking to buy a replacement - you've saved me a fortune and a lot of hassle.

I salute you!

TJD

HP Recommended

Great solution. It works for the Photosmart D7460 too!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

yes great just did the fix on my D7160 to no errors messages gone many thanks was nearly out to the shop

thanks

rory

HP Recommended

Any idea though if Im receiving the error message 0xc18a0501 with my Photosmart D7160??? Don't have a right hand side to lift up.

HP Recommended

Found this after a lot of searching and trying different things on Ink System Failure on HP 3310.   This worked like a charm the very first attempt.  GREAT!!!  Thanks much!

Curt

HP Recommended

I have to say that i almost give up hope, untill i found your solution.

I have searched many forums and sides about HP Printers but i couldn't find the right solution.

Often was spoken about a RESET. They wrote about some buttons to push simultaneously, but those buttons were not the buttons i had on my printers cover.

Again searching and searching but no succes.

Yesterday (13-09-2010) i found your topic and solutions and i immediately tried your (simple) solution and it worked. I had two problems and both problems were solved due to your solution.

Thanks a lots. I am very happy that my HP is working again.

Greetz,

Fishke

HP Recommended

Can the same or similar solution be applied to the Photosmart 3210! If so, how would I open up that model to get to the ribbon cables. If the screws are torx type, I  may have a screwdriver to fit it.

HP Recommended

message error saying red ink past expiry date even it is a new one.

HP Recommended

You rock!  I love my printer and your solution worked!  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.