Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Users manual helps

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07043348.pdf 

see page 7

HP Recommended

I believe the '!' in your display panel is an indication of the strength of the wireless signal to the printer.

Also check the user manual page 7 for orange light

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07043348.pdf

HP Recommended

It isn’t an exclamation mark at the Wi-Fi icon. The Wi-Fi is fine. The exclamation mark would be beside the Wi-Fi icon if it was a signal issue.

the exclamation mark is to the left of the number of copies led.

eIt says on page 5 that it indicates an error.382ED9C5-ADA0-407A-8A7D-5064E1BA0BF9.jpeg35D5BF80-4599-413A-A47F-EA4D32533503.jpeg

HP Recommended

It disappeared on mine after I installed the first batch of instant ink cartridges that they sent to me. Maybe that's what it is. The support from HP is terrible and it's not in the manual.

HP Recommended

Yes, having encountered this from the very first time has me regretting the purchase.
I installed the cartridges that came with it, so the expectation was that they would work being original cartridges!

Not impressed with HP and it was a pig to connect from other devices.  
The HP Smart App couldn’t even see the printer, yet  my basic printer app (that I general use on my smart phone) sees it no problem.

Thanks for your reply.

J

HP Recommended

Mine printed out various printer information pages and I thought maybe it would clear after all were printed. The last time I pressed the button it printed a page that it had already printed and the light is still on.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I have just bought this printer (31/12/21 and this light stays on. This is annoying as I cannot find a fix for this problem. I would like somebody from HP to give us all an answer 

HP Recommended

Yes, it would helpful to have someone from HP address this issue considering how many people have the same issue. So frustrated at the lack of response from HP.

HP Recommended

The answer is to install your first batch of instant ink cartridges that HP send to you in the post. That's what cleared the light for me. Yes wish hp would address this officially. Was really annoying as I didn't know what was wrong even though it was working properly 

HP Recommended

On my 2752e, when I press the exclamation point (which is where my solid orange light is located next to), my printer prints me out a Printer Information page. Other than the orange light being on solid, my printer works fine. I can remote print with my cell phone and everything else seems to be working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.