Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 5542
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought this printer from Q V C the home shopping channel. It came with a 'LIGHT' plan. However when I tried to register this nothing showed up on the HP web site. So I had to buy the Occasional plan which costs £1.99 per mth. What happened to the original 'LIGHT' plan as promised ? Also no where on the web site to e-mail support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are still having issues with contacting HP, I found the direct number for Instant Ink in the UK: 0207 660 0596. If their hours are not convenient for you, then you can contact HP Support on Facebook or @HPSupport on Twitter and they should be able to assist you. As they are located in North America, Facebook and Twitter support hours should be better for you during your evenings or on weekends.

Please let me know if you get everything sorted out regarding your account.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @grandad47,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with the light plan that came with your Envy 5542 e-All-in-One Printer. For this issue, you would need to contact HP Cloud Services directly as they may need to do some things with your account. When you do, please make sure you have everything that came in the box handy, as I suspect they will need to ask you about something that should have been included in the box.

You can contact HP Cloud Services by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom or contacting @HPSupport.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to get your account sorted out, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi

First I would like to thank you for your assistance.

I have contacted HP twice now and each time I have been fobbed off.

The first time I must have contacted the American web site and was told to make sure it was the UK site which could help me better.

The second time I was told that the instant ink was handled by another firm/section and that they would call back. I am still waiting.

I now belive that it would be better in the long term if I just returned the printer to the seller and got my money back - less hassle.

Once again thank you.

grandad47

HP Recommended

If you are still having issues with contacting HP, I found the direct number for Instant Ink in the UK: 0207 660 0596. If their hours are not convenient for you, then you can contact HP Support on Facebook or @HPSupport on Twitter and they should be able to assist you. As they are located in North America, Facebook and Twitter support hours should be better for you during your evenings or on weekends.

Please let me know if you get everything sorted out regarding your account.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.