Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently, last week, I allowed an HP Printer Update to take place to this printer: HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer.

Today I attempted to scan a document to a usb drive as a pdf (which I do quite often).  When I transferred the file to my computer, Acrobat advised the file was corrupt or damaged.  I eventually scanned as a jpg image and then used Photoshop to save the images as PDF's and then Acrobat to merge to images into the two page file I wanted and save as a reduced size PDF.  Obviously, this proceedure is not good.

Can I roll the update back?  Or is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  Apologies for jumping in here.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/53...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Would suggest that you use the FULL feature Software scan to Scan to PDF, it cuts back one step of transferring your scanned PDF file from the thumbdrive to the computer.

Some good resources on using the HP Scan software :

Scanning for Dummies

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JCtheWizard

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your HP Officejet 8625 printer will not scan to PDF. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

Once an update is completed, it cannot be rolled back to a previous version. What happens if you try scanning without HP software? Scan Without HP Software (Windows 7)

I would also recommend our HP Print and Scan Doctor, in case of a possible driver conflict. Select the printer, click next, and select Fix Scanning. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  Apologies for jumping in here.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/53...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Would suggest that you use the FULL feature Software scan to Scan to PDF, it cuts back one step of transferring your scanned PDF file from the thumbdrive to the computer.

Some good resources on using the HP Scan software :

Scanning for Dummies

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies,

First let me clarify that I was NOT scanning from my computer - I was scanning documents AT the printer directly to a USB drive.

As I saw greenturtle’s reply first I chose to download and install the full feature software thinking that might get me back to where I was prior to the update.  However, upon completion looking at Devices and Printers and selecting this printer, there were (are) no icons for the scan function (there were in the past).

After that I read RnRMusicMan’s post, downloaded and ran HP Print and Scan Doctor.  All of that went fine and I am able to scan and store the finished scan (pdf) to my computer.

However, there are STILL no links available in the Printer dialog for scanning.

I can type ‘scan’ in the search programs box and see HP Scan - clicking on that does bring up the scan dialog - but there does not appear to be any links within the Printer Properties. (Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\HP Officejet Pro 8620 (Network)

ALSO - noted is that in Devices there is only the HP Officejet Pro 8620. However, when searching on ‘HP’ I saw both HP Officejet Pro 8610 AND HP Officejet Pro 8620.  We had an 8610 that became defective and was returned.  The printer driver and all related software was removed and the system rebooted prior to installing the new printer and software (from CD).  I went into Device Manager and deleted the reference to the 8610 without deleting the driver.

ALSO - as original noted, the printer is marked as 8625 - not 8620.

After verifying the 8610 is completely removed - the ‘pinned’ HP Scan works correctly, but there is still no link or context about scanning at the Printers properties dialog.  Is that how it is supposed to be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.