08-19-2016 11:34 AM
Trying to find out if the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl has an internal battery and what it would mean if and when the battery fails. Or if it is a replacable battery without sending it in to replace.
08-19-2016 11:46 AM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
All laptops have internal CMOS batteries as they are needed to retain the CMOS settings when the laptop is shut down.
This is the link to the Maintenance and Service manual for your PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845
On page 54, it shows the steps for accessing and removing the battery.
If you remove the battery, that will reset the CMOS settings -- but you can easily change them once the battery is replaced and you restart the laptop.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data