cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
tbrennen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

DesignJet T795 - New #72 ink cartridges show empty

HP Recommended
T795
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On my T795 DesignJet, I replaced the Yellow and Black small size ink cartridges with new large size ink cartridges.  Both the old small inks AND the new ones have labeled expiration dates of 2020 (it is now 2018) on the cartridge itself and on the box they came in.  When loaded into the printer, the old ink cartridges correctly show very low amounts of ink.  However, the loaded new ink cartridges show 0% levels of ink.  The new ink cartridges were purchased from a reputable supplier.

1 REPLY 1
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish I could help.  I'm having the same problem with a 790PS that I bought a few weeks ago so wanted to subscribe to this thread in case anyone has an answer.

I'm beginning to suspect the service station on the right side where the printheads park.  I get different ink levels from new cartridges when trying to change printheads.  Then get an error about printhead installation not completing.  Seems to be a viscious circle.  

Hopefully someone with some experience with this model and this problem will chime in.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation