cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mrmaster
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Designjet T930 Loud Clicking from left side under pad

HP Recommended
Designjet T930

When you turn the printer on and it's going through its starting up process there is a loud clicking noise or maybe gears grinding from the left side.  There appears to be a pad with ink on it on the left and that moves up and down.  When you touch that pad the clicking starts and the printer errors out with the generic 79:04.

What part would that be?

3 REPLIES 3
Irishpig
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The noise is the movement of the service station, check for visible paper piece or heavy ink deposits, also do a service station test in diagnostics

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mrmaster
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.  Will run the diagnostics on it as well.

mrmaster
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I figured it out.  I took the panel off on the left side.  While taking the panel off a nut dropped down from somewhere.  It was the nut that goes on the end of the shaft.  I put that back on.  Reseated the roller and now it is all working again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation