cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
hypa
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Latex 570 feeds about 1.5' out before printing

HP Recommended
Latex 570
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi I recently purchased a Latex 570 as I was told it was faster and I do like the bulk system from my 365's I have. But I noticed when I print I lose over 1.5' of substrate out the front which i do not on my 365 which with the amount of printing I do amounts to over in a few days. Does anyone have a solution or is this what I will have to deal with?

7 REPLIES 7
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very simple, your print size was not set up correctly, according to your loaded media...

Comon sense....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hypa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment but that's not the problem. If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tell me what size of your image  going to print out   & what size of your media loaded ?

how did you define the print size which result blank before print ?   ...... in detail .     allow me to think.....

for example...     if my image size         40x60"     & my loaded roll was    42" ... 

then I set the print seiz    42" x 62" in portrait mode ... so how many blank space before print ?

no doubt, I wil get 1" on top  before print . once finish & will be 1 inch around....

hypa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I use caldera software I do a step and repeat so let's say there are 100 3" stickers it will adjust to fit the substrate I don't have to define a size.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use Adobe Photoshop everyday & never seen Caldera....

Good luck...

hypa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

on printer menu - Substrate library open substrate profile to edit it - Go to Modify, select passes -> then select Advanced settings -> there is "Leading edge release" option. Turn it OFF and save preset. Synchronize it after changes with caldera. This option is in some of the aubstrate presets like HP Air release substrate profile...

also check option in setup on printer menu for Extra margins for both top and bottom in susubstrate menu...

Cheers 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation