cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
bitpusher
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z3100 79:04 Error

HP Recommended
Z3100
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi. Getting the very unhelpful 79:04 error. Specifically:

79:04

Code: 0x14010009

Severity: Error

Priority: 3000

Id: 0x101021a

Description: STRING_POWER_OFF

File: BusHorsburghImpact.cpp

Line: 976

Class: Electronics

Subclass: Main Board

Error: Micci2 EIO

Define: DRACO_EX_ENGINE_BOARD_MICCI2_EIO

Description: Micci2 not responding

I've recently replaced all parts in maintenance kits #1 & #2, with mostly fresh print heads and ink (though some is out of warranty/expired). It worked great for about a dozen prints, then upon sending another job it threw the error. Now the error appears upon every restart.

In Diagnostic Mode, upon running any test it displays:

Starting Horsburgh & Mips...

Starting Nvm...

Then the error above.

I don't have a PLT firmware file so I haven't been able to reload that. I believe that is the next step... anyone have the 7.0.0.3-7 firmware file for a Z3100 Q6659A in PLT format? Or any other advice/things to try?

Thanks,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
TomBent
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same error.  Did you manage to find the firmware/solution?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation