hacksto
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Muddy sound when recording through microphone

HP Recommended
Pavilion Wave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I record myself practicing the guitar - acoustic solid top - the sound is muddy and has vibrato, as well as fading in and out. A bit like playing underwater.

Have tried various ways of affecting the way the mic records, but have had no success so far. Outside of the B&O audio software, there is no way to set it up to work fo me.

Upgraded drivers and all that. Pushed the gain, nothing.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hacksto

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you have sound quality issues while recording via microphone,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

When was the last time it worked? If you've made any recent changes that caused the issue, did you attempt a system restore?

Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers from the HP Recovery manager?

(Click here to recover original drivers from HP, if you haven't done it yet)

While you check that out, here's what you need to know:

Make sure you aren't using the mini jack connector as this smaller connector is not compatible with HP computers and you might need an adapter to use your device. Also, using an adapter might affect the quality of the audio. This does not mean that your computer has a problem.

With the Bang & Olufsen audio microphone, the microphone does not recognize or record voice unless the speaker is sitting directly in front of the notebook. To change this according to your prefences, use the following steps.

1. Open the Bang & Olufsen Audio application and select Input.

Figure : Bang & Olufsen Audio app showing the Input settings

Bang & Olufsen Audio app showing the Input settings
  2. To reduce background sounds and optimize the microphone for multiple voices, select Multiple voices. The Multiple voices setting has a wider range than the Only my voice setting.

Figure : Selecting the Multiple voices setting

Selecting the Multiple voices setting

If this didn't do the trick and/or you have other concerns:
CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation