Pete851
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Noisy CPU fan

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, recently my all-in-one pc has developed a rather noisy cpu fan, noticeable immediately on bootup, and in idle state on the desktop when the cpu useage is barely 0-5%. When i enter the bios on bootup and check the thermal setting, the cpu fan is running at 1800rpm which i am assuming is the max speed.

I have tried changing power options from performance to power saving mode which has had no affect as well as checking the air vents for any obstructions and making sure they are clear of dust etc.

The only software changes i have made, are the hp support recommended ones such as latest windows and bios updates, among other smaller updates.

I should mention that before i made some of the big windows updates, i do not remember the fan noise being this loud before, such as when i originally purchased the pc around a month ago.

I would really appreciate any feedback or advice on this matter, if anyone else has experienced a smiliar problem to me. 

Thankyou

Regards

Pete.

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pete851

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you, until it's all sorted.

Here's what you'll need to do, to resolve the issue with the noisy fan:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation