1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

p6210y power button faulty?

p6210y
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi There,

When I press the power button, the led lights on it light up for half a second or so. The fans power up for a half second as well. Then it all stops and nothing further happens. This started out of the blue. I've reseated cables, cleaned fans, reseated ram, different monitor. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,083
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

p6210y power button faulty?

@Grubermann wrote:

Hi There,

When I press the power button, the led lights on it light up for half a second or so. The fans power up for a half second as well. Then it all stops and nothing further happens. This started out of the blue. I've reseated cables, cleaned fans, reseated ram, different monitor. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

If the power button were faulty then nothing would happen when it's depressed.  It sounds like you've already tried all the basics, so now it's replacing/removing parts.

Most likely you've got a power supply/motherboard issue going on.  I'd try another power supply.  It shipped with a 300W ATX power supply (HP P/N: 5188-2625).  You can pick up any ATX power supply and use that to test with.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation