Saresie
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

New hp pavilion desktop internet slow

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 510-A013A Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi, we purchased a brand new HP Pavilion 510-A013A Desktop last weekend from Harvey Norman. It came preloaded with Windows 10 etc. Seemed to be "plug and play" all ok, however the internet is extremely slow and lagging terribly. No issues with our ISP (Telstra Bigpond - Cable), as we plugged in the old PC to check and it works lightning fast. At first we thought it may just be the PC loading the 100's of updates, but we had it on all weekend and every night this week and isn't getting better. Internet is barely useable, and that's just browsing forget trying to watch Netflix or stream the footy! Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Saresie

Checked the specs of the motherboard installed in your new PC.

Is this PC slow only when you are online? I would guess it is always slow. The processor and graphics systems are causing poor performance. They cannot be upgraded. The only components upgradable in this PC are the HDD and RAM. A SATA SSD drive would boost performance. 

I have to honestly say I would not purchase any PC having the components this PC has. The selling price may have been great but long term customer satisfaction may not happen. 

This PC will only become slower as you install new software and as time goes by. There really is nothing you can do to improve performance.

Sorry

Grzy

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Saresie

It's possible the slow Internet speed is due to your using the default Win10 Browser - Edge.

On my desktop, running Win10, I have both Edge and Internet Explorer -- and the latter is MUCH faster than the former.

My suggestion is to try using Internet Explorer instead of Edge, and see if that make a difference:  http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/6310-how-reset-ie-default-browser-instead-edge.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Saresie
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Grzy,

Yes it's only slow when trying to browse online. The PC itself is fast and no issues at all. Surely there's no way that HP could actually sell a PC model that you can't even use to browse the internet successfully?  At the moment it's click a link.....and wait. Type in a website.....and wait. Google seach......and wait. Really bad lag.

It has to be something causing the issue surely....we've only had it a week...otherwise my husband will be taking it straight back to where we purchased it from!

We're not gamers, we don't download movies etc, we only need something standard to be able to use the internet when we want, store documents and update spreadsheets. This PC came recommended for our simple user requirements.

Cheers,

Saresie

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Saresie

Try WAWood's suggestion (use Internet Explorer). Maybe this will improve online performance.

Or try Chrome.

I don't see any updates for ethernet drivers at your PC's HP support site.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Your PC should be very fast out of the box.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Saresie
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Grzy & WAWood!

I'll give Explorer and/or Chrome a try and let you know how I go :generic:

jamqua
Level 4
129 120 7 6
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello,
As many others have said, try using a different browser. Edge can be quite slow at times.

My personal recommendation would be try using Internet Explorer
Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation