08-03-2016 03:12 PM
I have an HP Envy 27inch all in one PC and I would like to use it as a second monitor for my iMac occationally (mainly for Lightroom running on the Mac).
I have a Miniport (iMac) to HDMI cable (for Envy) and have conected them both up and pressed the screen toggle on the underneath of the Envy's monitor. The iMac does not find the monitor (or the other way around).
On the iMac, no second screen option is showing on the dispay tab of "Preferences" so the iMac is not aware of the connection.
According to the Apple pages, once you have plugged in the Envy and toggle the screen, the iMac should find it.
I have plugged in my Microsoft Surface 3 (USB 3 to HDMI cable) into the Envey, hit toggle and it works straight away, so this might be an Apple problem of course.
Any ideas anyone?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8)