cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ernestine3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No sound on my computer new Dell I have a 2009m monitor with the green cable no sound at all .

HP Recommended
Dell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently bought a new Dell desktop  I have a 2009m monitor with the green conection for sound.  I cannot get any sound on my computer.  recently threw away the green connection wire because Ithought it was not working  bought a set of speakers still no sound.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,576 90,453 11,633 24,930
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ernestine3

Dell computer is NOT a product from HP,  and you bought a set of speakers still no sound. I don't know how do you connect your speakers to port(s) of your Dell. Please check with Dell.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Not a HP Networking fault.

Sometimes a Dell computer has a sound output of approximately zero, and with a set of headphones there is a faint sound.

So what you may need is a powered set of speakers perhaps.

The sound card within your system does not feature an amplified audio output; the card relies almost exclusively on a set of powered speakers that will amplify and output the signal on their own. The (small) preamplifier on the sound card allows you to adjust the volume via the Windows Volume Control, but this amplifier is extremely minimal in power.

It is no fault of the Monitor.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation