gdk5
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PC freezes when HP icon show up

HP Recommended
Slimline PC270-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever the HP icon shows up at the bottom right of PC my PC turns to instant s#@t, my mitchell 1 program all but shuts down. 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,965
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gdk5

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the device is freezing,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Do you get any specific error message or codes before it stops working?

Have you made any recent software or hardware change that could have caused this issue?

And what exactly do you mean by "mitchell 1 program"...could you elaborate?

Meanwhile, please try the below steps to help your cause:

Before you begin troubleshooting

Before troubleshooting lockup or freeze problems on your computer, check the following items for a better solution to specific symptoms:

Step 1: Unlock the unresponsive computer

Use the steps in this section to help find the cause of the lockup:

1. Disconnect all devices to the PC with the exception of keyboard and mouse and/or monitor required for minimal use.

2. Remove any discs from the CD/DVD drives.

• If Windows becomes active again, clean, repair, or replace the disc. Troubleshooting is complete.

• If the lockup persists, continue troubleshooting using these steps.

3. While holding down the Alt key on the keyboard, press the F4 key to close the application.

• If Windows becomes active again, the problem is related to an application. Save your work and restart the computer. Remember the name of the application that stopped responding or caused the error. Update or remove applications that continue to lock up. Troubleshooting is complete.

• If the lockup persists, continue troubleshooting using these steps.

4. Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.

5. Review the list of applications under and look for applications that have stopped responding. Make a note of the names of those applications or programs.

6. Select an application that is not responding, and then click End Task.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation