Geep2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wi-Fi

HP Recommended
p6240f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just moved to new state and have Wi-Fi with Verizon Fios vs what I had before, Comcast XFinity.  Cannot get 5g now on computer but only 2.4g.

Checked and computer is capable of .........a,b,g,n when I check 'cmd'.  Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.  Computer is located about 20' from router.  Both phones AND tablet pick-up the 5g network but NOT this HP Computer.  

Thank you very much for any help.........it is appreciated!!

1 REPLY 1
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 662
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Geep2

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing issue with the WiFi speed

Need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried any Updates on the printer?

Any troubleshooting steps performed?

I suggest you Click on this link: https://hp.care/2tjM3R7 and run HPSA.

If the issue persists, It could be a driver limitation.

Keep me posted, how it goes! However, I'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation