cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kimbeelee
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bang & Olufsen you just plugged in an audio device

HP Envy Curved AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Turtle Beach Recon 50 headset, it was working fine until today.  

There is a Mic Mute Switch on the headset, every time I mute the mic I get a pop up window saying "you just plugged in an audio device" when I unmute the headset no one can hear me talk. I have to unplug the headset and plug it back in to get it to work again. 

I've checked HP for driver updates but it says all my drivers are up to date, any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
21,533 21,158 2,429 8,056
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kimbeelee, welcome to the forum.

The software/driver for the headset would be provided by the Turtle Beach.  I suggest that you uninstall the software/driver for the headset and reinstall it to see if that solves your problem.  It sounds like a conflict has developed with B&O software/driver.  Then, you should check their website to see if the is an update.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I've check the turtle beach web site and it says "PC compatible Turtle Beach headsets with USB amplifiers/transmitters do not require separate drivers provided by Turtle Beach to function on a PC. If the headset only requires a USB connection for power (or connects solely to a headset jack), no drivers will install as the PC will not recognize the headset as an individual audio device. Your PC should only detect that a device is plugged into the headset jack. So no drivers to update there. 

As for the B&O website there is a driver page but I have no idea what I'm looking at.  I see nothing for pc drivers on thier website. 

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
21,533 21,158 2,429 8,056
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @kimbeelee.

I suggest that you contact Turtle Beach's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to help you.  The only drivers that work with HP products are the ones developed by HP with the assistance of B&O.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation