cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Maxa1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Bios Update MS- 7613 (Iona GL8E)

HP Recommended
hp pavilion p6622
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

I'm looking  everywhere  ... I've  also called  the hp support   but ....

now  i'm here ...

Iwould like to  update  my bios

I have an  Hp Pavilion p6622     i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz 6 GB RAM . All that  mounted in a  not so happy MS- 7613 (Iona GL8E)  v1.1 (  the support  page  show  a picture  of a v 1.0  ms-7613 ,  do not know why  )

as i said  i'm  looking for a better bios . Now  i'm running  the 6.12 version  12/07/2010 .

In the  software and driver page ( refered  directly to my machine)  there is no  bios update available , but  i found  another    pc desktop    that uses the  same MS- 7613 (Iona GL8E)  v1.1  motherboard that actually has a newer  bios   : the HP P6719it

6.18 Rev. A May 25, 2013 (Released: Feb 13, 2012)

The Question is : Can i use this bios update ? and if yes ...  does it only  adds BIOS ROM security support ?

thank you .

Max

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Maxa1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

any help ?:smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos
jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,316 169 524
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which PC at this link are you referring to?

You are correct. There are no BIOS updates for any of those PC"s.

I don't think you can use the BIOS update from the HP P6719it on your system. i don't recommend trying to use that BIOS update.

Why is your PC unhappy?

Jaco

0 Kudos
Maxa1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jaco

thanks for  your answer , i was afraid  it was that way.

by the way   it is the 'it' one i was talking about .

all the  unhappy thing  is not for the entire  pc ,  i really enjoyed it , and i still  do  ,   it  only referes  to the motherboard .

finding  no bios update  ( since i  got it... as a present.. ) , not at all ,   just  drive me crazy , thats it  :Crying: .

it's Hewlett-Packard

, not  Perry   the hod dog  man  at  the end of the street  :indifferent: .

anyway  ...

Jaco   Thank you  very much  for your help

...... perseverare autem diabolicum.

0 Kudos
Nazar1
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I can not find updates on the motherboard such as you have. Give link please.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation