Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Computer doesn't let me go into standby mode - My computer is HP Media Center M370n

HP Recommended

Whenever I attempt to get into standby I get the following message:

The service Microsoft .Net Framework v1.0.3705 Update is preventing the machine from entering standby. Try stopping this service and try again.

How do I resolve this?

I have windows XP.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't want my computer to go into standby, at times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GBJr.

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand you do not want your computer to go into hibernation or sleep mode.

I am sending you a  link to a document on "Managing Power Options (Windows 7 and Vista" click here.

In the power management option select when computer goes to sleep and set it to Never.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation