cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DRX2000
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Probook 470 G3 BIOS failed

HP Recommended
Probook 470 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello , on this system I'd manage to install Windows 7 64bit Home Premium edition. All fine for the end with all drivers installed on support section.

After some minutes HP Assistant give an update for the BIOS component at the latest version. I accepted and installed the latest version.

The behaviour was a little strange because it installed the update but doesn't call for a reboot. I rebooted the system but after that the machine doesn't boot anymore it has black screen ,the fan accelerate after one minute and i saw that it leave about 5 minutes it lit the lcd screen. Sometimes it beep once and restart itself but is eratically.

I'd manage to install the 3 in 1 diagnostic tool on usb thumb and booted that , it enter in UEFI diagnostic tool but it ask for CSO number and Agent ID , I introduced blank values for both and i saw that It doesn't show the firmware management.

Second method what I tried was to build a usb thumb with upgrade bios and started the system with key combination win+B

nothing happened .

How manage to recover the bios image ?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
MBrettH
Level 2
23 18 0 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's nice that someone answered you. 😕

I, the same thing. The 3-in-1 download said for IT personel or for self-maintainer. I took that to mean do-it-yourselfers. Can someone please offer us a CSO number?
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DRX2000
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just leave these boxes empty or fill with 1111 and the application will run

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation