cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Need my product key

HP Recommended
p7 1074
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Was told, by microsoft, that in order to finally get rid of this red shield sitting in my windows update area, that I need to provide them with my product key? I have no clue how to even find this, please help, as soon as you possibly can. We bought this desk top back in 2011, and am clueless here. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,565 8,005
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Helpmeplease8

There should be a Windows COA sticker on the desktop.

The number you will need is 5 sets of 5 digits.

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

REO

Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,666
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google-search for "download SPECCY free".

Download, install, and run the "free" version of SPECCY.

It will show the 25-character product-key, and _lots_ of other detailed information about the hardware inside your computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation